Galleries

Monday 28 April 2014

I've been busy this past week...


I had some left over silk hankies from one of my scarf projects from last week (see previous blog) so I attenuated them and spun up this mini-skein (30 grams).

Silk Hankies - Spun


Silk hankies, attenuated and spun, 30 grams

Merino silk, spun single ply

Cormo, spun, double ply





My first Dyes

I felt a bit blue this week!  I dyed a lot of blue (Sky Blue Jacquard Dye).
I have singles, energized singles, Navajo ply and double ply wools in this mix.
Wool, singles and plyed - dyed with Sky Blue Jacquard Dye





 

Silk Scarf - Nuno Felting - non roll method

After much discussion on the Fiber Artists Facebook page, I tried the non-roll method to create the following scarves.  It worked perfectly.
note to self (use much less water and remember to wipe out the dryer afterwards).


Silk Scarf - Nuno felted with Silk Hankies / merino

Silk Scarf - Nuno felted with Silk Hankies / merino

Punis / Rolags

I was intrigued by the puni / rolag product that is out there these days so I made some up.  the first is what I would call Eye Candy.


Puni / Rolag - Eye Candy

 


Puni / Rolag - made from White rambouillet roving

No comments:

Post a Comment